- Somersault Pike was awarded Best Editing at Flickerfest International Short Film Festival
- Somersault Pike was awarded Best Direction and Best Sound Design at the Wordless International Film Festival.
- Attended the Australian Directors Guild Workshop in Sydney. Excellent insight into the business side of directing: contracts, legalities, agents and much more.
- Visited Bali to attend the Reel Oz Indonesian Film Festival where Somersault Pike received a special mention. It’s currently on tour all over Indonesia with the festival.
- Super excited to have started a professional mentorship program with the incredible film and TV director Glendyn Ivin (The Last Ride, Puberty Blues, 7 types of Ambiguity and much more). Last week I got to sit in the edit suite with him and his cinematographer as they worked through the final day of the colour grade for the new TV Miniseries Safe Harbour. Yesterday, I was an attachment on a commercial shoot for Beyond Blue where I had the opportunity to see a commercial being made. Glendyn is a fantastic mentor articulate, knowledgeable and generous. I’m learning so much.
- Attended the Canberra Short Film Festival where Somersault Pike won Best Editing Award!
- Somersault Pike screened at the Melbourne International Film Festival, and I attended the Accelerator Program. It was 5 intense days of workshops, screenings, seminars and networking events on the business and creative aspects of the film industry, focused on making the transition to feature film making. It was a dream come true!
- I was selected to participate in the Midsumma Future Artist program, a nine-month development and mentoring program, that brings together a diverse range of emerging cultural practitioners, creating a unique space for the intersection of ideas and modes of practice. Artists come from a variety of disciplines – including dance, visual art, film, theatre, drag and design. We meet for an intense one day workshop once a month there is always a fantastic selection of interesting artists who speak to us about their practice, and I always leave feeling inspired both from the guest speakers and my fellow future artists.
- Our comedy web series Twingers: The Ginger Conspiracy is Shortlisted for Screen Australia Hot Shots Program with writers Meegan May and Lauren Anderson, and producer Hayley Adams!
- Twingers wins Platinum Sponsorship from Savage Rentals – $5000 of lighting and gripping gear!
- Ciao! Arrived in Bologna, Italy for the International Filmmaking Academy Program for three weeks, with world renown directors Danis Tanovic and Claudia Llosa. Excited to meet film students from all over the world and discover new ways of filmmaking together. Special thanks to Moreland Council for the grant to support my attendance.
- My VCA graduate film Somersault Pike is complete! Colour graded, sound mixed and submitted for assessment to the Victorian College of the Arts. I’m very proud of this film. I’m looking forward to sharing it at the VCA Graduation screenings at ACMI inDecember 2016.
- Spending my days editing Somersault Pike at the VCA and the evenings watching fabulous films at the Melbourne Queer Film Festival. Together with fellow VCA graduate Lauren Anderson, ran the Queer Filmmakers Master class, sponsored by the Victorian College of the Arts and the Melbourne Queer Film Festival. A great hands on day teaching a group of 15 people the basics of filmmaking.
- Shot Somersault Pike over four days at the gorgeous Gold Coast Aquatic Centre. With an amazing cast and crew, the shoot was a dream come true!
- After several months of uncertainty, I have re-cast Somersault Pike with a talented young diver from Brisbane, Mary Holgate. We’re all set to shoot in February. Keep your fingers crossed!
- My VCA short film Plunge was awarded Best Student Film at the Melbourne Fringe Festival! Best birthday present ever.
- Devastating news that my VCA graduation shoot Somersault Pike had to be cancelled because of casting issues. There are a very small pool of young women able to dive off the ten metre platform who can afford to miss a few days of training during the competitive season.
- Neck-deep in pre-production for my graduation film, Somersault Pike. The short film is about a young, elite diver struggling with the pressure of mastering a new dive. I’m incredibly fortunate to have secured some financial support from The Ian Potter Cultural Trust Grant and the Victorian College of the Arts Jim Marks Scholarship to fund my film.
- My latest short film Plunge has been doing the festival rounds, with more than a dozen screenings in Australia, the USA, Europe, Asia and South America. So exciting! Some highlights along the way have included being part of the Melbourne Queer Film Festival, Sydney Queer Film Festival and the St Kilda Film Festival.
- My latest documentary,Age, Height, Education,has started it’s festival run with screenings in China and the USA. The film was a finalist in the Phoenix Documentary awards in Beijing, and recently awarded a Best Youth film at the Trans Pacific University Students Documentary Competition in 2015. You can read more about the intense two week shoot in the blog post I wrote.
- Ran the Melbourne Queer Film Festival (MQFF) Script to Screen: VCA Film Workshop. Participants learned about the practical side of filmmaking, from preparing to shoot your film to running a film set. Read my blog post about it on the MQFF website.
- As part of the MQFF selection panel, I spent hours and hours watching queer short films. Luckily, this is one of my favourite things to do! Read this blog post for the behind the scene scoop on how it works.